Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Destruction -------- > Creation



I am participating (a few weeks late!) in this fun Destruction ---- > Creation blog. Wreck This Journal

I have dripped coffee on a page, then added words and embelished the coffee drip. Written on the side, punched holes in a page, coloured outside the lines and a few others.

This is pushing my comfort zone a bit. I usually treat my books - very good. I hate when there is turned down corners, writing in the book, stepped on or wet books - so this is fun, because I have allowed myself to do something I am not completely comfortable with.

Here is one of the pages I started.


10 comments:

SweetAnnee said...

I love the idea to use things that just happened ..what a great idea..

deena

Kavindra said...

Oh I like the idea of interacting with the coffee stain. Mine's just a big blob, lol!

Kirby3131 said...

Yay for getting out of your comfort zone!! Next thing you know, you may paint your front door purple! LOL

Lucy Ladham-Dyment said...

Actually I could paint my front door purple and be happy with it... but I live in an appartment.

Turned out the coffee blob looked like a hippo - to me - until I interacted with it... Now it looks a bit like a poodle.

Thanks, Deena, Kavindra and Kirby3131.

Sweet Mess said...

I LOVE this! how fun.

Sharon said...

I agree! This is fun because we have permission to do what we would never ever do to other books.

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

It's a slippery slope, once you start doing things to the book it kinda grows on you and then one day you realize you've just dropped it off the roof into a mudpuddle or something. Just sayin'. :) Have fun and WRECK ON!!!!

Leah said...

Hooray for pushing our boundaries and taking creative risks! It's a challenge, but a fun one!

Scarlet said...

My coffee blob looked like a female nude! lol

I love the freedom this book is giving me!

Susan Williamson said...

This is something I'm definitely going to try when I have more free time. Doing whatever you want, when you want is true creativity, don't you think?