Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

Risk - The Joy Diet

Against all thoughts that I had - I was not looking forward to reading this chapter - I was surprised - I enjoyed this chapter very much and the push to try RISK - that I need. I realized while reading it - that I had not done menu items 1-4 - for about 4 days. Wow, how easy it is to go back to our regular life. Love the part where Jamie says - (from transcripts from last week)

when you keep on doing what you’ve always done, you’ll keep getting what you’ve always got.

Because that is what happened to me.

Risk

I am going to take a risk. Everyday do at least one frightening thing that contributes to the fulfillment of my desires.

Who knows.

So, I do have a bit of a plan and I have listed what I can do.

My risks entail Looking into a few things, get Bed and Breakfast information, apply to jobs, etc., that will benefit what I REALLY want in life, checking out the internet, job banks, B&B sites, and going to a open house this weekend for a Leader Dog - information gathering, and biggest of them all - KEEP doing my art.

Thank you to all who have signed my blog - and who have given me ideas. I will use them.

Martha says, "Refusing to risk is like allowing a muscle to atrophy." Really great statement.

I added at the end of my journalling - DO menu items, everday, THE ideas will come.

15 comments:

Lisa @sacred circle said...

Yes, the ideas will come... it took enormous courage to look at your own journey and realize that you had inched away from the deep work... and now taking the steps to hop back in, in a deeper way... very inspiring!

KathrynAntyr said...

I too was surprised by how much I enjoyed the topic of risk. Keep taking those risks. It will definitely lead you in the right direction!

sherry ♥ lee said...

Risk is worthwile. If we don't risk how can we know what we might be capable of?? I love that you are making this part of your life!

Julie ZS said...

Learning to take risk definitely is worthwhile. I'm finding that I'm getting more ideas as I keep stepping into the riskier areas I've been avoiding. Keep on keeping on!

becky n said...

I know that I've taken a lot of risks in the past - and have to remind myself that I can't rest on any laurels but have to examine where I am now and figure out what I may need to be pushing at this point in my life. It is absolutely true that we atrophy when we we lose the ability to take risks.

Good for you to be cognizant of where you need to be putting steps in place - and to be committing to such a practice.

Helen said...

So great that you are open to risk and naming the steps you'll take. Here's to the joy of creating the life you desire to live. Nice job and keep it up!

airynothings said...

keep working that risk taking muscle!!! It is my experience that when you put an intention out to the Universe, you will get rewarded with synchronicity, new ideas, new contacts ...

"Go forth boldly in the direction of your dreams; live the live you've imagined ..." -- Thoreau

Great advice!! Yay you!

gemma said...

Cheering you on to take those daily risks! BRAVO!

The Other Laura said...

Good for you for embracing risk and having the courage to get out there and take a few!

Christa said...

Good luck to all your risk taking! It is amazing what we find when we stop looking at things thru the lens of fear. Sometimes just the simple act of being open and saying "yes" is all it takes!
Blessings to you.

Tisha said...

Yay to you...getting out there, stepping, meandering, risking. Sending you loads of hugs and comfort as you risk...and treat this week! ;)

Ellecubed said...

Thank you for sharing your experiences with risk. Risk is oh so worth it. I too really loved the atrophy quote. Enjoy your week of treats.

girasole said...

Yes to exercising the risk muscle! Nice list of things to do and move you toward your desires. The ideas will come (love that). Good luck this week.

Kim said...

I like both of the quotes you cite here. How wonderful that you are open to risk and ready to exercise that muscle. Great, too, that you have a clear plan of what you want to rick. GO!!

Karen D said...

Thanks for sharing your journey with risk this week. good luck with all your research.