Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

What do I wish to let go.

The definition of - Let go : Release as from ones hand

There is a great poem - Leting Go Takes Love

Author Unkown

To let go does not mean to stop caring,
it means I can't do it for someone else.
To let go is not to cut myself off,
it's the realization I can't control another.
To let go is not to enable,
but allow learning from natural consequences.
To let go is to admit powerlessness, which means
the outcome is not in my hands.
To let go is not to try to change or blame another,
it's to make the most of myself.
To let go is not to care for,
but to care about.
To let go is not to fix,
but to be supportive.
To let go is not to judge,
but to allow another to be a human being.
To let go is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes,
but to allow others to affect their destinies.
To let go is not to be protective,
it's to permit another to face reality.
To let go is not to deny,
but to accept.
To let go is not to nag, scold or argue,
but instead to search out my own shortcomings and correct them.
To let go is not to adjust everything to my desires,
but to take each day as it comes and cherish myself in it.
To let go is not to criticize or regulate anybody,
but to try to become what I dream I can be.
To let go is not to regret the past,
but to grow and live for the future.

Okay, I was able to apply this to my daughter and let go.

Why can I not let go of my indecision and just let what is coming to me come.

Why can I not just step through the doors that have opened.

My wish about what I would like to let go - is:

I want to let go of indecision. The hesitation that I feel about my art life.

I wish to learn to let go of my indecision, my hesitation and fear.

There I have said it. My fear of what could happen - GOOD or BAD.

10 comments:

Holly said...

You know, you've made the first step away from indecision with this wish. You didn't waver, you didn't waffle, you didn't excuse...

You put it out there clearly, and decisively. How do you feel? Nice, isn't it?

Remember this power when next faced with a tough choice. You can do it!

As this wise one wishes so well for herself, so I lovingly and with intention wish for her also!

Ellecubed said...

As Lucy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Sara @Soulspackle said...

As Lucy wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also.

Julie said...

May all your wishes come true

Sarah Lulu said...

As Lucy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

I hope your courage rises and rises!

Diva Kreszl said...

What a lovely poem...I plan on hanging it where I can see it every day! As you wish for yourself I so lovingly wish for you also!

differenceayearmakes said...

As Lucy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

I'm right with you!

jchristin said...

Lucy,
Amazing poem--thank you for sharing! As Lucy wishes for herself, so I too wish for her as well:)

Susan Williamson said...

This is a wonderful entry Lucy. I'd never read this poem before and it really touched me. But what made it special was you opening up your heart to your readers. You go girl!!!

Expressive Hart said...

As Lucy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.