Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

What Rules do you Wish to Make or Break?

Jamie once again challenges us.... Or me...

What Rules do I Wish to Make or Break?

Rules can be very straight forward OR they can be very subtle. Rules should be able to be broken. But sometimes.... it seems hard to go against something that is ingrained in us. Rules should be something that helps guide us... but sometimes... they do not guide... they hinder us.

Wishes on the other hand are something - THAT - Should come true.

So...

The rule or maybe a better word might be - the unstated rule for me - "Lucy - I never amounted to much -so you do not have much of a chance, either."

I do not actually 100% believe that - but it is inside of me.... probably more than I think.
So this is the rule I would like to break... Not make....

So... Rule or unstated rule..... Just like a wooden or plastic ruler can be snapped, Rule - I am snapping you in two.... I am breaking you.... breaking you AND throwing you away.

SNAP
Bye - Bye.... Rule
I often state - You can do what you want to do in this life... Life is how you make it.
So this is the rule I would like to make.... LIFE IS HOW YOU MAKE IT - Lucy....
I broke a rule and I made a rule. So, now my wish is that it comes true.

25 comments:

Jennifer said...

To the all-powerful Lucy---
YES YOU CAN!

As Lucy wishes for herself, so do I also wish for her with all my heart!

Anna said...

As Lucy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

i love it...SNAP

mtnmermaid said...

Lucy - that is a great interpretation - and I can totally relate to that rule you are breaking! As Lucy wishes for herself I wish also for her.

Sulwyn said...

As Lucy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. Some rules are just meant to be broken, no matter where they came from! Wonderful for you and so amazingly powerful!

Fringe Collective Artistic Studios said...

Break That Ruler!

I like it!

As you wish for self, I wish for you also.

Dreamwriter said...

As Lucy wishes for herself, so do I also wish for her also!

Karen D said...

As Lucy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. I could hear the SNAP of that rule breaking, good for you!

Librarian Lee said...

Oh you should so powerful! Good for you! as Lucy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

Lis said...

I love this perspective - that in order to grow, we have to break off old modes of being/thinking/feeling that no longer serve us. I love it - SNAP! and now a healthier, more authentic mode of being can arise.

As Lucy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

" M " said...

You go Lucy! Stick with the SNAP!
As Lucy wishes for herself , so I also wish for her also. : P

Sarah said...

As Lucy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Whoo...you go girl and SNAP that rule!!! Wonderful powerful wish!! You can amount to whatever your heart desires hon!!!
Namaste, Sarah

Rebekah said...

Yes! Good for you, snapping that ruler!

As Lucy wishes for herself, so i wish for her also.

ABCcreativity said...

snap!
as lucy wishes for her/himself, so i wish for her also

Tim King said...

Hi, Lucy. That's a rule that we all believe from time to time, and a rule that deserves to be broken, smashed up, and discarded with yesterday's garbage.

As Lucy wishes for herself, so do I wish with her also.

-TimK

Jamie Ridler said...

As Lucy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. Snap!

What a powerful break and an empowered make! There's some magic going on!

Nolwenn said...

As Lucy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.
Break that rule, girl !

Linnea said...

Love this!

As Lucy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

SNAP!

Girlie-Queue said...

As Lucy wishes for herself, so too do I wish for Lucy!! And Myself too because it is just the wish I should have wished if I had taken the time - THANK YOU!
♥~Shamsi

Alisha said...

Lucy, I LOVE that new rule!

As Lucy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

Rochelle said...

"Life is how you make it"! I think I'm going to try following this rule. :) As Lucy wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

Ruth said...

Wow,Love this!

As Lucy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!

SNAP!

tinkerbell the bipolar faerie said...

As lucy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Sherri said...

SNAP, indeed! As Lucy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Sarah Lulu said...

Yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaahhh SNAP.

As Lucy wishes for herself, I so lovingly wish this for her also!

Kim said...

Fantastic! I love the image of snapping the ruler in two.

As Lucy wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.