Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Free yourself from struggling with dysfunctional people by REFUSING TO TRY TO CONTROL THEM. Instead, be totally honest.— Martha Beck, Daily Coach Tips

Not sure how the above quote fits - but I have been struggling with my relationship with one of my sisters - who brings you down - emotionally - when I chat with her. The cloud of depression around her - is just so heavy.

So... How do I wish to soar?

I wish to soar above this. Maybe if I can apply the quote to her - I can soar.

I tried to free myself from her a bit - this last phone call - she made to me. I was honest with her about some of my health problems and how I tried to rise above them.

I will soar above this and I will be totally honest about it.

I will soar high like a bird.

I will free myself from the feelings that come when I talk with her.

11 comments:

Valerie Hart said...

Lovely, heartfelt post Lucy... And I love the "I will" convictions! I can fell the energy in them!

As Lucy wishes for herself, I wish for her also.

Love, Peace & Christmas blessings,
xoxo Valerie

lorilyn said...

Yes. You will soar.
As Lucy wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

Tery Lynne said...

Aaah! I know this all too well! As Lucy wishes for herself, I wish for her also!

Maggie J said...

Lucy you already have the wings and the knowledge to use them...enjoy your flight high above and beyond into hapy skies.

Shannon said...

Relationships with family can get tricky, but good for you for rising above.

As you wish for yourself, I also wish for you.

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

Rising above something like family is always hard...but have faith...you can do it.

As you wish for yourself, I so completely wish for you as well.

Here’s my wish this week: http://theknittingjourneymanrefitted.wordpress.com/2010/12/15/time-to-make-a-wish/

Kim Switzer said...

May your soaring take you out of reach of the things that try to hold you down.

As Lucy wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

BonnieRose said...

YOu can do it!
such a beautiful wish.. as u wish.. I wish for you also.. xo
bonnierose
fargo nd

Marilyn said...

lovely, Lucy. as you wish to soar, i wish for you also.

" M " said...

Yes you will Lucy ! YOu will soar , its hard enough to be happy with our own struggles but when people you love are depressed , you have to leave them be , because you only can try so much to get them out of that funkiness , and they have to want to get out .

As Lucy wishes for herself, I wish for her also. : )

Mare/TommyGirl said...

As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.