Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Grief or in my case.....

Grief.... in my case it started out - when my husband died in May 1997. I had a young daughter and a life to re-create.

I was away at a woman's retreat at the time, when he died. I remember the morning so well. I woke - feeling really strange. I got dressed - still feeling wierd. So, since the sun was shining and it was so nice and warm for a May day, I decided to go for a walk. While I was walking through the grass - with mosquitoes biting me - I decided to walk around the track - from the track and field. Still felt - really wierd. So, went and had breakfast. During breakfast, I was talking to one of the ladies - who a few years before had has a still born baby boy. The baby died within her and so she had to deliver a dead baby.

Then 2 ladies came to me and asked to speak to me. I had to call home.

It had taken them a few hours to track me down... bec. Roger knew where I was and where the telephone number was - but ....

At his funeral - there was a woman there - who said.... God has a reason - why he took Roger at this time.

Still have not found that reason... But have forgiven that woman for saying it.

Also at his funeral, there was a young couple there - who were expecting their baby - within days..... a few days later - she to had to deliver a still born baby - who had died within her... a perfect little girl.

How ironic that before and after his death - I was in contact with mother's of still borns.

Years later..... Enter more things that cause grief..... result.... Post Tramatic Stress Disorder.

Life is hard.... no one knows your pain.... your grief.... BUT there are ways to get help and deal with it.

I have found lots of ways to overcome PTSD. This blog is one of them.

Please check out - A Good Grief - see the right side of my blog. This is another one of the ways to overcome.

3 comments:

collectingyourself said...

Lucy, thank you for sharing about your loss and your healing journey.

Teri said...

Your memory of losing your husband touched me. Does healing ever end? No it doesn't it just gets easier to deal with every day. God bless you and I will pray for you.

Sussie said...

I understand your healing process! To be creative, write, walk in nature... there are so many ways to heal... It´s a lifetime work...
I think of you. You are not alone.
Hugs!