Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Artist Way - check in

Life got in my way from posting this on the correct day. I also have a cold... has not come to much yet... just very nagging one.

I would say that I got my morning pages done about 13/14 times. They did not all get done in the morning - but they got done.

My artist date was 1 out of 2 - here are the pics. Date

I am carrying in my pocket my Creative Affirmations. That is what I do with my regular ones. I pull out a card and read them. I also wrote them out and wrote a bit about each one.

Time Travel. I wrote about old enemies and then selected one story to write about. I did not find "horror stories or even monsters" - just stuff I already knew and this time I wrote them out in long hand.

I really enjoyed writing a letter to the editor. I sometimes do real ones and submit them to the editor of the newspaper.

I wrote a letter to myself in the future. Thanking myself for working so hard in 2011 on the book the Artists Way.

I wrote out 5 Imaginary lives and the choose one to work on. That will come this fall/winter hopefully. It is one I have wanted to do for a while. I would like to be in one of the plays at the theatre in town here. Maybe even just walking about on stage one.

Any affirmations or blurts that came - I did change them into positive ones.

As I said I did not find any "monsters". But my dreams keep going and I am finding that I am remembering them a bit more.

I enjoyed this chapter. Onto chapter two.

6 comments:

Ginny said...

You have really done alot. I love the fact that you may be part of the theater. I think that is something that is way in the back of my mind that I need to explore further. Thank you for sharing. You have really accomplished alot.

Anne said...

Great work with the first chapter!

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Dream With the Fishes said...

Sending healing thoughts for you. Take care of yourself and feel better soon! Now how about all this awesome exercise work you've been doing? Excellent! You're making me want to go back and do the ones I missed now. It feels so good to follow through on these. Especially since I've been such a giant procrastinator for most of my life. Sticking to the work involved in this is feeling like such an accomplishment and giving me big time motivation. Glad you aren't meeting any monsters or horror stories in your time travel and I really hope you follow your inspiration and get in on that theater thing! I think I'm going to do my affirmations on cards and carry them w/me as well. Could very much use the reinforcement throughout my day. Thanks for that idea and keep up the awesomeness!

Beverley Baird said...

I think summer colds are the worst! Take good care of yourself!
You have done so much for Chapter 1. Great stuff!

Mare/TommyGirl said...

I hope you feel better soon. You've accomplished a lot for not feeling a 100%!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

You´ve done a lot of work on this chapter! Good for you showing up so much for your morning pages and taking artist´s dates.
Thank you for adding my blog to your side bar list. :)