Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Artist's Way

Well, I can say that I have been having a hard time - what with the heat, the cold that I had... I am feeling better, but I think that it is a bit of #6 from Basic Principles - that is rearing its' ugly head.


I can say that my blurts were quite something... Like why bother? All this work and Still - woe is me or poor me.... But I keep writing and doing tasks and went on a date and read and think about the basic prinicple, I also do the creative affirmations.

What has stood out for me is- #6 The refusal to be creative is SELF-WILL and is counter to our true nature. Emphasis is mine. Quote is from Basic Principles - Julia Cameron.

I have come to the understanding - that to do this - I have to make the time... So, I have to get up earlier.... My best days are the days I do not go to work... then I write and work on the tasks... and more.

My artists date: Once again it came about without any real planning.... I went to do some research on Belwood Lions Hall - picture on the wall. I have learnt quite a lot about the history in this area and became intrigued with the picture on the wall.
I have not found that much - new - about the curtain, but I did find the company that made it and that it was still in business in 1975 and that there are pictures in a museum - and I hope that they can help me.

I then went to an art store and a few other small stores and just browsed in them. I end the night with the movie - The Tree of Life.... Would not recommend anyone seeing it. It did not make sense... beautiful photography - but not much else.

I worked on a couple of the tasks.

Thanks for reading.

5 comments:

Ginny said...

I really am impressed with how much you are doing and accomplishing. It is hard to get it all in but I am sure it will be worth the effort. I really am taking an easier way and hope that I don't sabotage myself by doing this. I am getting alot from reading the book and from thinking about what the quotes mean to me.

Camilla said...

I am having a hard time too. But you are pushing on and moving forward, and that is great :) I'm trying to do the same. It's a challenging process, isn't it?

Hang in there!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

I´ve noticed that the morning pages work too but some days I hit the floor running and they get to be afternoon pages. :D
Nice date. Now that we are paying attention to those we see things differently and we discover what is available as you say without really planning it.

Dream With the Fishes said...

I am so proud of you! You're doing just fabulous. Even though you're experiencing some resistance, you've been doing the work and moving forward. And to top it off you've been feeling under the weather (so glad you're feeling better) and you still didn't let it set you back! Totally impressive and I applaud you! Keep on keeping on!

Cindy Jones said...

Lucy,
You are on a roll! How are you doing with your Morning Pages? Gosh, I really have to do them otherwise, I find my health is a tad worse. As Lucy wishes for herself, I wish for her also!