Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Gratitude

I would like to mention a few  of the things that I am thankful for.

- My sister in law and her concerns for the whole family.
- My job and the benefits that it affords me - even though I have a lot of mixed feelings about it - there are benefits to it.
- My car - when I grew up we had a pale green station wagon - that I was so ashamed of. Today - it would NEVER have passed the emissions test. It had this hole in the floor and lots of rust, and rust and rust. I ducked my head down - when my parents took it out for a drive. So, I have a lot of gratitude for my car.
- The drive to work. I enjoy the green pastures and farm land.
- The Elora Centre for the Arts. My art is hanging there and I have had success with selling my pieces there.

3 comments:

Ginny said...

Congratulations Lucy on having your art displayed and for selling some pieces. How wonderful and exciting.
I agree that writing down and sharing with others what we are grateful for is a rewarding practice to have. It definitely helps me to remember how much I have to be grateful for
Have a wonderful weekend.

Janie Junebug said...

Way cool to sell your art. Good work.

Love,
Janie

Juli said...

I was actually grateful for the music selections on my drive home from work today. Between the heat and the crazy of late, it was just what I needed to start my "real" job with the kids at home.