This is an open letter to an old principal of mine.
Dear Mr. Lee,
Greenfield Park, Quebec.
May 12, 2013
In my last year at Jubilee School, you told my parents - "Lucy, will never amount to anything." This was around 1969.
I have thought about this a lot.
I have written my letter to you - before - on paper. Now it goes to the internet.
I would like to list my accomplishments to you.
In no particular order.
- Mother to two children. And through unforeseen circumstances - twice I brought up these children on my own. Once through divorce - better for all and the second time - through death of the Father of my child.
- Jobs - Bookkeeper, job in accounting payable, Bank Teller, Coffee Specialist, Retail Customer Service for over 15 years, Antiques - Assistant Manager, Teacher, Teacher's assistant, Computer and Office Specialist
- Students in many courses, art, Encaustic, Ribbon flower making
- Artist - who sells her Art pieces
- Volunteer, Organizer
- Understanding and Patient
- Rising above
- Crafting - Knitting, Sewing, rug making - to name a few
Just wanted to say - I HAVE AMOUNTED TO LOTS. I have accomplished lots.
Thank you for reading.